I was reading Romans this morning, and it struck me what wonderful truths it contains… it’s perhaps one of the most complicated books of the Bible, but with a little effort (and grace) the treasures one can unearth are life-changing.
Of course, all the Bible is like that.
What I wanted to share with you are eight verses from chapter 6, which describes the new nature of Christians.
- We are dead to sin (v. 2)
- We should walk in newness of life (v. 4)
- Our old self is crucified with Christ, so that we no longer have to be slaves to sin (vv. 6, 7)
- We died with Christ, so we will live with Him (v.8)
- We are not under law, but under grace, so sin has no dominion over us (v. 14)
- We are slaves to righteousness (v. 18)
- We have become slaves of God (v. 22)
My prayer is that all these wonderful realities will be our daily experience.